Northern Air Cargo’s corporate giving program supports initiatives and organizations that strive to improve the overall quality of life in the communities where our customers and employees work and live. Each year, Northern Air Cargo receives numerous donation requests from quality organizations across Alaska. While we wish we could contribute to every organization, NAC must ensure that the goals of the organizations requesting donations are in line with our own mission and guidelines.
For consideration, submit your proposal in writing, including the appropriate materials and submit to the Community Affairs Coordinator. Once received, you will be notified in writing within two weeks regarding the status of your request. See recommended criteria for donations and donation proposal process for additional information.
Donations may include complimentary or reduced rate freight, logo merchandise or free-freight certificates. Northern Air Cargo does not donate cash.
If you are interested, please submit a written request with contact information at least three weeks prior to your event. Please also allow plenty of time for us to contact you for any other information that may be needed.
Recommended Donation Request Criteria
Northern Air Cargo has chosen to focus its charitable giving in the following areas:
- Community groups and organizations based within the State of Alaska.
- Community success initiatives, events, projects or organizations that positively impact a broad population of the community.
- Community health and social welfare initiatives, events, projects or organizations working to alleviate social problems and offer services for the physically and intellectually challenged.
- Community arts and culture initiatives, events, activities, projects or organizations working to promote and perpetuate Alaska Native art, music and culture.
- Events that raise money through fundraising efforts (e.g. raffles, auctions, admission).
- Community groups who demonstrate a commitment and drive to help themselves to achieve their goals.
- Services that promote education and learning for community wellbeing.
- Community support, including care of the young or aged.
These examples are illustrative only and are not meant to identify every cause or proposed grantee.
Who is unlikely to qualify?
- Organizations of a political or ideological nature, or which directly support evangelism.
- Requests made on behalf of an individual (requests must be made on behalf of an organization).
- Individuals or groups seeking pledges and payments for walks and telethons.
- Individual schools (public or private), classrooms, teams, teachers or parent organizations (please contact marketing department for consideration).
- Athletic groups or activities.
- Requests for advertising in programs, bulletins, yearbooks or brochures (please contact marketing department for consideration).
- Requests for travel funds for tours, expeditions or trips.